1. Drip irrigation fertilization is a precise fertilization method, which is only applied to the roots, significantly improving fertilizer application efficiency. Compared with conventional fertilization, it can save more than 30-50% fertilizer dosage;
2. It can greatly save labor in fertilization, saving more than 90% than traditional fertilization methods. The fertilization speed is fast, and the fertilization of a thousand mu area can be completed in only one day;
3. It can control the time and quantity of fertilization flexibly, conveniently and accurately;
4. It can significantly increase yield and quality, and makes crops more resistant to bad weather;
5. It can use marginal soil such as sandy land, high mountains, steep slopes, mildly saline-alkali land, etc. to grow crops;
6. It is helpful to prevent the fertilizer from leaching into the groundwater and then polluting the water body;
7. It is conducive to the realization of standardized cultivation;
8. Due to the coordination effect of water and fertilizer, water consumption can be significantly reduced. Combined with the water-saving effect of facility irrigation itself, the saving of water can reach more than 50%;
9. Drip irrigation fertilization can reduce the spread of diseases, especially those that spread with water, such as fusarium wilt. Because drip irrigation is single plant irrigation. During drip irrigation, water infiltrates into the soil while the ground is relatively dry, which reduces the humidity between plants and rows. So the incidence of the disease will be significantly reduced.
10. Drip irrigation fertilization can only wet the root layer while there is no water and fertilizer supply between the rows, so the growth of weed will be significantly reduced.
11. Drip irrigation can be dripped with pesticides, which has a better control effect on soil pests, nematodes, and root diseases.
12. In winter, the soil temperature is low. Heat the water and drip it into the roots through drip irrigation to increase the soil temperature. Such method has strong applicability in greenhouses.
13. For sticky heavy soils, bury the drip irrigation pipe in a certain depth of the soil and then infuse the soil with air through an air compressor to solve the problem of hypoxia at the roots.
14. Because drip irrigation can easily achieve precise control of water and fertilizer, in the case of deep soil, the root system can be introduced into the bottom of the soil to avoid damage to the root system due to the high temperature of the soil surface in summer.
15. Drip irrigation fertilization can fertilize the crops according to their fertilizer-required rhythm. Fertilize more when the absorption is large while apply less when the absorption is low. Many crops (such as potatoes, sugarcane, pineapple, etc.) are in the peak period of fertilizer demand when they are closed, but people cannot enter the fields and cannot add more fertilizer. Drip irrigation is not restricted, so fertilizer can be added at any time.
16. Due to the accurate water and fertilizer supply of drip irrigation fertilization, crops grow fast, and can enter the fruiting period or be harvested early.