When using overhead (inverted) irrigation in greenhouses, each sprinkler or mister assembly should have an anti-drip device installed to prevent dripping from the sprinklers or misters after the system shuts off. Prolonged dripping can cause damage to the plants directly below, especially to seedlings.
· Use a punch to make a 1/4" hole in the poly tubing.
· Assemble the press-fit components before inserting into tubing.
· To Assemble: Connect the threaded end of the anti-drip device (MEAD) to the press-fit mister or sprinkler (Tornado Mister, Ein Dor, or Wing Sprinkler). Then connect the press-fit side of the anti-drip device to the press-fit barb (MEBARB).
· Insert the barbed end of the press-fit barb into the hole punched in the poly tubing.
· Drill a 7/16" hole into 3/4" or larger PVC pipe, use a bit that will not shatter PVC (GROMDRILL).
· Insert the grommet (MEGRO) into the hole.
· Assemble the press-fit components before inserting into PVC pipe.
· To Assemble: Use the press-fit coupler (MECPL) to connect the anti-drip device (MEAD) to the press-fit mister or sprinkler (Tornado Mister, Ein Dor, or Wing Sprinkler).
· Thread the anti-drip device into the grommet.